Mold elimination is a complex topic because mold can grow on virtually any organic substance as long as moisture and oxygen are present (bacteria). Molds can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation when excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. The USA EPA website states, “It is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment.”
The disaster restoration industry carefully manages and reviews protocol for treatment or remediation of mold because of the desire to clean an affected area using technologies, techniques that have not proven to their ability to kill mold. The approach is one to eliminate the moisture, contain and dry the area, mitigate, clean and eliminate affected surfaces. After the cleaning is complete, tests are taken to ensure the problem has been resolved. The human side affects of living in mold infected areas may lead to allergic reactions, cause toxic effects, or cause infections. Illnesses can result from both high level, short-term exposures and lever level, long-term exposures. The most common symptoms reported from exposure to mould in indoor environments are runny nose, eye irritation, coughing, congestion, aggravation of asthma, headache and fatigue.
The restoration industry has used the ozone generating machines in an effort to treat mold however, California Department of Health Services states, “Ozone generators have been shown to generate indoor ozone levels above the safe limit. Furthermore, it has been demonstrated that ozone is not effective in controlling molds and fungi, even at high concentrations far above safe health levels. Also, ozone may damage materials in the home. For these reasons, the California Department of Health Services strongly recommends that you do not use an ozone air cleaner in any occupied residential space. Refer to the CDHS IAQ Info Sheet: Health Hazards of Ozone-generating Air Cleaning Devices (January 1998).”
Up until now, UV technology has been successful in destroying biological pollutants such as viruses, bacteria, allergens, and molds that are airborne or growing on surfaces when the contamination passes directly over the UV light source. Air circulation in a standard home re-circulates approximately 20% of the air through the air systems or across the UV light source whose technology has not been able to generate a reaction strong enough to create the necessary “hydroxyls” that are capable of moving through the entire air space and surfaces to kill tough bacteria’s and virus’s… until now…
Generator eliminates the odor and kills the mold by eliminating its food source which is micro-organisms of bacteria. Only then is mould rendered inert and unable to be resurrected because it has been killed by starvation. Live airborne spores are killed by the high concentration of Hydroxyls. The restoration experts using the Odorox™
technologies have the advantage of use.
Independent ATS Labs of Eagan MN, under standard lab protocol conditions, tested the Odorox™
Machine’s ability to kill the toughest known Black Mold – Aspergillus niger (ATCC 16404) which is listed by the EPA as a reference organism. Reference organisms are the toughest organisms in a family of substances which are used to demonstrate the ability to kill weaker strains in the same family. Full lab results and testing conditions can be found by clicking here or under testimonials.